For calm and confident parenting.. BabyNatal is preparation for the day when you first hold your baby in your arms.
BabyNatal is not about selling you a certain 'way' of caring for your baby - we are here to support you to explore your options, to learn skills and decide how YOU want to care for your baby.
BabyNatal classes include:
* All the practical skills you need for caring for a baby - bathing/top & tailing, dressing & nappy changing, soothing & winding, playing with baby to calming them for bedtime.
* All about those first few minutes and hours with baby - the first nappy & cord care, skin-to-skin contact, administration of Vitamin K, newborn checks/tests available etc.
* The Fourth Trimester - what it is and ways that you can help your baby adjust from the womb to the big world, through consideration of those first few hours following birth.
* Physiology of the newborn baby - helping you prepare for what they need in terms of feeding, sleeping, stimulation, etc.
* Role of dads - how dads can bond with their little ones and how they can be involved in caring. Includes the role of the dads in breastfeeding. (Our workshops are fully supported by DaddyNatal - our partner pioneering and award-winning organization)
* Postnatal recovery - how to make those first few weeks as calm and confident as possible.
* Parenting choices - we will make you aware of your choices, so will explore different choices around sleeping, around using routine or a baby-led approach, around using buggies as well as baby carriers. We will enable you to explore your choices so that the decisions you make for the care of your baby are individual to YOU.
* Safety - we will make sure you are aware of any reccomendations and guidance for keeping your baby safe.
* Making friends - a BabyNatal class is a great way to meet other parents who are also expecting a baby!
BabyNatal class is £45 per couple or add to our Full Antenatal course for just £30 As with all of our courses, private options are available. Just call to let us know what you need and we'll work out the right package for you.
FEDANT approved course (Tori reg.no. 12236)
Course dates and booking: (All courses held in Haydon Wick, Swindon)